Monday, January 10, 2005

I Swear I'm Keeping Them for a Friend

I admit I'm powerless

I have come to believe that a Sale could restore me to sanity.

Made a decision to turn my will and life over to the care of Zappos as I understand Them.

Made a searching and fearless inventory of my closets.

Admitted to Nordstrom, myself, and to another human being the exact nature of my questionable shoe choices.

Was entirely ready to have Saks improve all these defects of character.

Humbly asked them if they take Mastercard.

Made a list of all styles and colors, and became willing to make attempts at them all.

Made direct amends to such styles wherever possible, except when to do so would injure tendons or toes.

Continued to take personal inventory and when I was wrong about the heel height promptly admitted it.

Seek through sales and meditation to improve my conscious contact with Zappos as I understood Them, paying only lowest price for their inventory in my size.

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, I try to carry this message to shoe lovers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poet Laureate said...

I must admit, I'm drawn to your shoes. I'm not really a shoe addict, per se, except since I was twelve, I have only worn Vans. I have had an incredible collection over the years. Unfortunately, I have not retained the cornucopia of sneaks, Hi tops, striped, multi colored. In highschool, I was named best shoes. No lie. Probably due to my pair of teal Vans. Admittedly, at the moment I am wearing skechers only due to the fact that I am now living in a god forsaken place that has no reliable supply of Vans. It is my pennance at the moment, but make no mistake, I will seek out those Vans and smoke em out of their....shoeboxes.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home